ManagePC is a freeware that can be used by administrators and/or helpdesk in an Active Directory domain to manage remote windows 2000/xp/2003 machines. Following is the features list.
- Retrieves important WMI data from machine
- Remote control (via Remote Desktop, Remote Assistance or VNC)
- Remotely manage machine (via MMC)
- Reboot machine
- Remotely edit registry
- Stop/start services
- Monitor and terminate processes
- View local users and groups
- Remotely uninstall software
- Export data to Excel, HTML and RTF format
- All retrieved data stored in XML files for history purposes
- WMI Query Builder
- No extra software required on client machines
It does work with Vista and Windows7 machines but there are a few permission issues that need to be fixed, hopefully in next versions. This open source software provides a comprehensive suite of remote management tools with no client or agent installed on the target machine. But make sure that the PSTools are installed on the administrator’s machine for the uninstalls to work, specifically PsExec is required for that task.
Installation is very simple, once the software is installed read the help file its very brief. Happy Managing PCs!!!